September 29, 2022
Canada removes all COVID border and travel measures
Students will soon be able to enter Canada without COVID measures
The Canadian government announced this week that it is removing all COVID-19 border and travel measures effective October 1, 2022.
All travellers, regardless of citizenship will no longer have to:
- submit public health information through the Government of Canada’s ArriveCAN app or website
- provide proof of vaccination
- undergo pre- or on-arrival testing
- carry out COVID-19-related quarantine or isolation, or
- monitor and report if they develop signs or symptoms of COVID-19 upon arriving to Canada.
Travellers will also no longer be required to:
- undergo health checks for travel on air or rail, or
- wear masks on planes or trains (although they are still strongly recommended).
The Public Health Agency of Canada explained that the removal of these border measures was possible because of “modelling that indicates that Canada has largely passed the peak of the Omicron BA.4 and BA.5 fuelled wave, Canada’s high vaccination rates, lower hospitalization and death rates, as well as the availability and use of vaccine boosters (including new bivalent formulation), rapid tests, and treatments for COVID-19.”